Doors, Bonnets, Fasteners and Frustration

Sunday 8th January

Well today was meant to be a day of finishing the test fit of both doors and making a start on the bonnet but despite best laid plans and all that (and a bit of a hangover it has to be said!) the passenger door ended up taking a whole lot longer than expected. Then when moving on to the drivers door, I did something I should have done when my kit arrived, I started to check I had all the right fasteners and guess what??? There were several missing and a few spares ones too...

So with the missing fasteners, it meant I couldn't hang the drivers door :( but on the upside I did manage to transfer all the fixing positions form the passenger door onto cardboard templates so I was able to cut and drill the door ready for hanging when I have sufficient socket cap heads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment