Dash & Screen Support Bars

Now that I have test fitted my screen and got the holes in the legs in the right place, I could move on to fitting the screen and dash support bars.

This was a simple case of working out which way round they fit and then tightening up the bolts.







The screen support bar also needs fixing to the body. There are two brackets that have to be bolted to the transmission tunnel. The position of these holes were marked, the support bar removed and then rivnuts fitted. The dash support cant be bolted in place until the tunnel carpet is fitted.



With hindsight this is something else that I wished I had done before the body was on the car as I could thenhave got access under the transmission tunnel. I decided to fit the screen with the body on as I was worried it might break when wiggling the body on to the chassis.

1 comment: