Rear Number Plate Lamp

Having sorted the wiring inside the boot for the rear number plate lamp, I wanted to fit the rear number plate to the car.

I had seen a great little bracket on Ryan's car when I was at Blyton and I decided to copy his idea.

Basically, the bracket mounts behind the number plate lamp and then the number plate is bonded to the bracket. This way the number plate sits square to the car and doesn't have to be bent to the shape of the boot and the boot doesn't need drilling.

To make the bracket, I had a small piece of aluminium lying around and I started by drawing around the number plate lamp as a template. I then cut this section before making the two 90deg bends that are required to suit the shape of the boot.

The bracket has to be folded twice at 90 degrees to fit the shape of the boot

Fitted behind number plate lamp using same fixings

Fitted

And with the number plate mounted

No comments:

Post a Comment